Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Muppets

Following last weeks news that 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' Jason Segal will be tackling the Muppets, he has given an interview with MTV.com in which he gives his initial indications as to what we can expect :-

"I’ve just grown a little disappointed with ‘Muppets in the Old West,’ ‘Muppets Under Water,’ and all these weird concept movies. I just want to go take it back to the early 80’s, when it was about the Muppets trying to put on a show. That’s what I’m trying to bring back”.

Segel also intends to bring bak the tradition of the star cameos, stating “All of our friends that I’ve brought it up to are pretty excited by the prospect of it. Everyone loves the Muppets; they’ve got a warm place in most people’s hearts. We want a lot of cameos. You look back at Charles Grodin, Charles Durning, there were just such great performances in those movies.” “We’ve got a great plot. I think if we can execute it right, it will be terrific. But I can’t tell you more - it’s top secret.”

Source: MTV.com

No comments: